Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our House!

Introducing.....our first home!
So, we had some minor hiccups pertaining to our move (for instance, when we arrived with our stuff the previous owners were still here...they got their days mixed up and thought they had an extra day....'NOPE' said their lawyer) but it all worked out in the end. I must add some disclaimers before going on.....I didn't clean anything up for the photos; in fact, I didn't even move junk boxes out of the way. I'm so tired of moving things around I couldn't do it again, just for the sake of photos. Please don't mind the mess, nor the fact that it's largely unfurnished (time to shop!); in fact, it's so empty it echoes!! I didn't include photos of the master bath nor the dining room or 2 spare bedrooms. So, without further ado, here is our new place!!

I cut the bottom off this shot because I didn't want my license plate on view for anyone and everyone to see....

One of the first things I did was buy a nice planter for the front step......
....then I added some matching petunias to the one and only little flower bed I currently have. I also planted some dahlias but I made the mistake of not buying the "dwarf" variety so the ones I did plant (with the petunias) are going to grow to almost 1m in height so I think I may have to dig them out and put them somewhere else. The lawn also needs some TLC....

Our empty living room which is just off the kitchen as you can see by the little sliver of counter-top in the bottom left. We don't know where any of that furniture is going to go yet; probably downstairs when we get our new living room set. The chair still wrapped in plastic is the one I bid on and won at the "FurBall" a few weeks ago. It's ridiculously comfy!

The finished portion of the basement. It's hard to see the gas fireplace behind that tv box, but I assure you it's there!

The only photo I have so far of our master bedroom. Please excuse that icky dresser; it's all we have for now! And say hi to Blue who is following me everywhere I go...
Notice the lack of blinds; it's been hard changing clothes and coming out of shower (the ensuite is just to the right of the dresser)! I hope I'm not giving the neighbourhood an unwanted show :)
On the other hand, maybe it'll make me really popular! Haha!

This is the guest bathroom; I wasn't able to take one of the master bath but it's essentially the same only it has a different shower curtain and dark cupboards like the kitchen (seen in next shot).
My kitchen; it's not as big as our last kitchen and it certainly lacks cupboard space but it's WAY nicer than what we had before and we've set up some shelves in the storage area of the basement where we can keep appliances we don't use every day and non-perishable foods. No biggie! Again, notice Blue running across the screen! I'm loving the breakfast bar and stainless steel everything....but how do you clean it correctly?!?!?!
The eat-in area of the kitchen; it's not nearly as cramped as it looks here. We had that table/chairs before and it just happens to match perfectly - thank goodness, because our list of must-have furniture is already way too long!
The funky stools at our breakfast bar!

And lastly, just for fun, here is my first load of laundry in our new front-loaders!!!!!

12 comments:

katei371 said...

*sigh* Your kitchen is so beautiful, I have dreams about kitchens like that! Also, your hardwood is totally gorgeous!

Jenn M said...

i love your new house Jenn!!! there is so much coolness I don't know where to begin! Your kitchen is awesome, I love the barstools, the living room is nice and spacious and will be awesome once you get the furniture in and Blue is adorable!!!

Sondra said...

Oooo where to start? Love the shower curtain, and those stools are killer! And your kitchen! Oh and the front loaders, mmmm.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Looks good Jenn!! And you had time to plant a flower garden???? I am impressed!

Sherry said...

It is indeed a beautiful home! Everything about it is awesome, esp. the kitchen! (and family room/fireplace downstairs..and THREE bathrooms..and..and..!)

And how cool is it to be all settled into your new home in time for your first wedding anniversary!!

I am impressed, too!!

Anonymous said...

Your house is so beautiful.

I would love to live in a place like that...have a good time decorating and furnishing.

Janny A. said...

Gorgeous house Jenn! You'll have to host a GTG at some point so we can see it in person ;) Did you win the great ottoman war??

Sandra :) said...

Everything looks lovely, Miss Jennifer! It looks like I'll have to fight Sondra for that shower curtain tho! *grabs a feather duster and prepares to do battle!*

BTW - I heard from your neighbours. They're not complaining ;)

Zoomer says Blue is hot, and he wants to know if she's available. Thats a male for you - always on the prowl *shakes head* :D

Katherine said...

Congrats on your house Jenn! It's purrty.

Travel Secrets said...

Congrats on your new home, it looks awesome. I love your kitty too, he is so cute!

grimeysgal said...

Beautiful home Jenn! I love your kitchen!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Jenn! It looks great - love your stools and dining table. Enjoy your new home :)