Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rain drops keep falling......

....thankfully!
We really needed to cool off a bit after the temps we've been experiencing here for the last 4-5 days. It down-poured this afternoon for about 20 minutes and then it was all over. Here are a few shots from right after it stopped. The first two I shot in manual mode; I don't use it much because it never really occurs to me but I actually found I took some better shots with that today than I did with the auto-focus. Maybe it's something I should play with more often!


This one I posted because it's so strange looking! It's a dark purple flower and in B&W the drops look...well...white. It's just the reflection of the lighter sky on the darker petals...kinda neat even if it does look rather mutant....
And because I just can't seem to help myself, this is what I woke up to this morning (5 am!); the second one was taken a few minutes after the first and it was through a screened window so the quality is garbage but the colour is spectacular! I don't know what it is about the skies over the past few days...maybe it's because of all the humidity in the air??? Oh! And these are totally unedited except for some cropping (and the frames, siggies).

8 comments:

Janny A. said...

WOW! Those are some stunning sky pics hun!!!

And I love the mutant flower! hi hi Definitely looks neat like that.

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one of the leaves.

Jenn M said...

I love your rain/leaf shot!! It turned out gorgeous!
And WOW!! about the skies this morning! I wish I was a morning person so I could see the skies that time of day!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the first one and the sky shot!

Candice said...

LOL, the "Dustin" comment is really me! Must learn to check account login...

Sandra :) said...

Errrrrrrrrr 5:00 a.m. ... DOES NOT COMPUTE!! Am I the only one in the family that believes that time starts at 7:30 a.m. during the school year, and 9:00 a.m. during weekends/summer/school breaks? You early risers all must belong to the same CULT!!! BAD!!! And don't drink the koolaid!

I particularly like the "mutant" pansy - it almost looks like it has drops of mercury on it! Oh wait - that's not mercury ... it's .. HAGGIS!!!

:)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the rain shots! Beautiful pics of the morning sky too!

Theresa T said...

I luaghed at your description of 'mutant plant' (sounds like a bad B movie or something). Love the water droplets on the pink flower.