Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best Wishes Jen!

I joined my colleagues for a lunch date at Milestone's today to honour Jen, a technician who works in the lab across the hall. Not only was today Jen's last day working in the lab (forever), it was also her birthday AND she'll be giving birth to a baby girl on Tuesday. Obviously, we had a lot to celebrate. Tracy and I arrived a bit early and decided we couldn't be there and not enjoy one cocktail (we had to go back to the lab)......

I had a pomegranite martini (YUM).....

.....Tracy had a fancy mimosa......
...and when a certain someone who shall remain nameless (at his own request; gawd forbid he be caught drinking a fruity drink!) arrived, he had a fun kiwi drink.
I wouldn't normally post a photo of a person (in fact, this is the first time I've posted a photo of someone I actually know) but not only do I adore this photo of our guest of honour but I really like how the sparkler came out without even changing the shutter speed (which I couldn't really do since it was rather dim inside). This photo will stay up as long as Jen says it's ok with her :)
I can't wait to meet the little one......
~Best wishes Jen in this exciting time!~

3 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

The sparkler looks SO cool!! And the drinks look yummy!! Great shots!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Yummm - kiwi!

Theresa T said...

The sparkler shot is so cool. Gotta love it when you can capture one like that.