Friday, May 30, 2008

For Monday

If all goes according to plan I should have cable up-and-running again on Monday but just in case I get busy I thought I'd go ahead and put up a couple more photos before officially signing off for the weekend.
I found this tennis ball in the garden.....what an interesting spot for it to be :)
I like this photo because I really like the texture of the weathered ball!

It's almost peony season! These are hands-down my favourite flowers and I can't wait until they're in bloom so I can *really* photograph them. We used them for our wedding last summer and I'm so happy to see them coming back. This is a dark variety, unlike the baby pink ones we used and I actually think I like these better. What I like most about this shot, excluding my anticipation of their beauty, is that the late-afternoon sun against a red brick house make the colours look very rich.

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

I'm jealous! i so wanted to use peonies but they aren't easy to find in january and our florist couldn't get them ... and strangely enough, I haven't seen any peony bushes down here yet.... i may need to go hunting for some this weekend

katei371 said...

I like the first picture! The texture is great.

Theresa T said...

The photo of the tennis ball is great. You were really ablt to capture the age and how it looks lonely and discarded.