Monday, June 16, 2008

Harry puts on a show!

Like I mentioned yesterday, I took a lot of photos, including a whole array of Harry, our resident Blue Heron, hence his name. I had one heck of a time photographing him because i) he was flying relatively far away (these are all shot with my 70-300 zoom lens), ii) he was flying fast, and iii) because of those 2 issues, focusing was incredibly difficult. These shots aren't perfect but I'm pretty happy with them regardless. Thanks again to mom for waking me up and don't worry, I'll send you the unmarked files :)
I took more of him later on when he flying by with a fish hanging out of his beak but I wasn't able to focus well enough so they weren't really worth posting. This guy very regularly comes and hangs out on the dock where the water is more shallow and the fishin' is good!





5 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Harry is so cool!! I love the photo where it looks like he is walking on water.

Sandra :) said...

Moses parted the Red Sea, and Harry doth part ...

LOL!

Theresa T said...

Love the second to last one where it looks like Harry is running across the water.

Sherry said...

Wow - those are awesome, Jenn!! Such detail & clarity!! He was back today, but my picture don't show any individual feathers, even!!

Sure the early bird gets the fish, but it takes an early riser to get the picture!! I bet next time you'll be up way early without prodding, huh!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I like how you caught the actions so clearly!