Sunday, June 15, 2008

Loonie

I took a bajillion photos today but it's late and I'm going to bed so I'm literally posting the first one to come out of my camera. I have to thank my mom for dragging me out of bed at 9 am (I arrived at her house before 7 am; after an hour's drive, and had to take a nap!) to watch the wildlife. As soon as I grabbed a coffee and got my butt down to the lake, this lovely loon passed by the dock. They're hard to photograph because they tend to spend more time under water than above it and when they go down they always come back up somewhere far far away from where they dove.
More of today's photos tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Beautiful, and very peaceful! And the theme somehow suits your mom to a T ;)

Jenn M said...

beautiful! so peaceful and serene!

Alycia Hildebrand said...

So peaceful! Greart shot!