Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Perfect Pink Peonies

In honour of our first wedding anniversary that's coming up next Monday I thought I'd post some photos of the peonies I shot this past weekend. They are hands-down my favourite flowers (except for the dumb ants that seem to always come with....) and I'm sure I've mentioned before that we used them for our wedding.
These first photos were taken in my mother's garden; strangely, I've never seen another peony that looks like these which is probably why I like them so much.



I really love this one, the vibrant colours (thanks to the sun!) and the perspective. I can't take credit for the set-up of this photo though, that I owe to my mom. She's always taking pictures while trying to get the lake in the background so I kinda stole her idea...haha....I'm sure she won't mind. I actually think she got the idea from our wedding photographer last year.....


This next one was taken at Brannon's mom's house. Her peonies are all of this deep magenta variety and I think they're my favourites of all.

5 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

The water photo is really nice (they all are though). Nice job!

Sandra :) said...

Trust your mom to come up with mutant peonies!!!

My peony bush is pale pale pink - my neighbour has the nice deep color that Brannon's mom has -- shhhh don't tell anyone, but I think I like the darker ones better too. Maybe I'll see if I can find a nice magenta for the back yard. I know someone that works at Canadian Tire ;)

Lovely photography, and lovely alliterative post title :D

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Gorgeous!! The one's on the water are amazing!

Jenn M said...

beautiful!!!!
I love peonies too!!! but the ants are gross - and always seem to be around...

Sherry said...

(oops, BUSTED!)

The peonies look magnificent! Your camera work does them justice for sure!