Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Lulu!!

Brannon's paternal grandmother turns 87 today and we had a little family bbq on Sunday to celebrate. Lulu (her nickname) is quite the character; she's starting to show some signs of suffering from dementia in that she sometimes knows us and sometimes doesn't but she's still very aware of what's going on and loves nothing more than to be the centre of attention. These photos are not to make fun, I swear, I really do love them and they make me smile/laugh every time I see one of them because they're SO "her".

Sticking her tongue out at the photographer - for real and on purpose! Haha!

Pucker up!!

If you look carefully, Lulu has her fists up and is ready to fight (with Brannon no less!) :)
There is absolutely nothing in the world that Lulu loves more than cash so everyone made sure to fill her cards with bills. Here she's telling Brannon's grandfather (other side of the family) that he better not try to take it from her!
Brannon's mom asking Lulu if she needs anything; I forget her response but it had us all on the floor!
Brannon's dad and his sister spend just about all of their time together making fun of each other. I can't even begin to imagine where either of them get their ammunition (and so quickly) but it keeps us all in stitches. Here, as usual, Teeg is totally making fun of her dad - he's a pretty good sport though!

Brannon's maternal grandparents joined in the fun too. The roses are a bit in the way but they were too pretty to move from the table.

Meet Sakic; she belongs to Brannon's parents. She's the sweetest dog and is usually very timid but it was mentioned a few times that day how much she was interacting with everyone; after all this time maybe she's starting to get comfortable around the extended family.

Lastly, I tried really hard to photograph the baby geese but every time I'd get close they'd all swim as far away from me as they could get. This is the best I could do; there are so many of them this year and they came to shore right on time (Brannon's mom told me when to start watching for them).

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday Grandma Lulu :)

Hi everyone - looks like a fun time was had by all!

Sweet shot of the geese, I bet that one was hard to come by -- they don't stay still for a second!!

Sherry said...

Oh & Happy Fathers' Day Grandpa & Bill!!

Sandra :) said...

/me looks up sherry's skirt ^^ :D

Grandma Lulu looks like a real firecracker - I bet she had some real adventures when she was younger!

Yep, nice shot of the bebeh's - thats quite a gaggle of goslings! Sakic looks like a darling - what a BEAUTY!

Alycia Hildebrand said...

The first one is hilarious!!