Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tabaret Hall

I have been a University of Ottawa student for 2.5 years and yesterday was the first time I purposely went to campus :)
I'm a graduate student and my work is done at the Health Sciences campus rather than the main campus so I never have to go there. I have been told, however, that one of the admin buildings has a beautiful glass ceiling. In straining to come up with an idea for the contest this week, I thought it would be worth investigating so I headed to main campus for the first time yesterday in search of Tabaret Hall (http://www.tabaret.uottawa.ca/article_e_251.html).
It was well worth the trek!
The first, third, and last photos show a reflection of the domed glass ceiling in the strategically-placed glass around the top floor. I played around with the lighting and the flash and am pretty happy with what I was able to pull out of my camera! It really is all about your subject, isn't it!?!?







7 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Those look amazing Jenn!! Great shots!

Jenn M said...

Wow!!! Amazing! Beautiful shots of a beautiful building!! Love the results!! You did an awesome job on these Jenn!!! How much flash were you using and do you have an external flash or was it the on camera flash?

Sondra said...

Simply gorgeous.

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

What an awesome piece of architecture to photograph!! Love them!

vivi's mom said...

Stunning!!!

Hundionu said...

My goodness - these are so, so AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love these!
I guess UofO is not that bad after all...

grimeysgal said...

Hey Jenn! I've always LOVED Tabaret Hall - the stain glass and all the stairs make it so beautiful! You've captured it amazingly! Thanks for the little taste of home... :)