Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dinner at Johnny's

Out we went again tonight to celebrate another birthday; this time it was Alex's. We went to Johnny Farina's on Elgin and had a great time! I was getting teased for bringing my camera so I didn't take many shots. I did, however, meet another photo-bug tonight who just needs an excuse to start using her camera more often so Christina, if you've found my photo-blog, I hope it's enough *inspiration* to get you to start something of the like yourself! :)


I was in a rush to take this shot of the barrel and there wasn't enough light so, obviously, it came out blurry but there is just something about it that I like regardless, so I felt like I had to post it.

I took this at 9:30 pm as we left the restaurant; it was so much darker outside than it looks like it was in this photo and I really don't think the street light can compensate....strange! I really like the contrasting colours here.

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

okay i absolutely love your shots from tonight. let me tell ya why

the first one especially reminds me of something I would expect to find in Little Italy in NYC in the 1940s. It should seriously be framed and hung in your kitchen :D

The last two are incredible. They also bring me back in time. Farther back though. They remind me of Alexander Keith commercials from 7 or 8 years ago of when the brewery opened in Halifax in the 1700s. The perspective for both of the shots are stellar!

Alycia Hildebrand said...

I love the first and last one the best!! Agree with Jenn that the first one looks like it should be framed and hung in a kitchen and the last one's contrast looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, It was great meeting you the other night! Your photoblog is great and I'm definitely thinking of starting one up as soon as I have a bit of free time! I'm looking forward to it!
~Christina