Friday, March 7, 2008

The end of the world as we know it....

Ottawa is expecting 50 cm of snow over the next 24 hours; Brannon and I just came home from yet another dinner out (last one for a while!) to this scene out our patio door. It's not-at-all uncommon for Ottawa to receive 30 cm of snow in one storm but 50 cm is pretty crazy. Over the last few days I've heard lots of people joke that it's the apocalypse....lol. The next few days are going to be unpleasant to be sure, but it's doubtful the world is going to end :)
Unfortunately, this poor weather is preventing us from celebrating a very important little girl's birthday party in Toronto on Saturday. We wish Danielle the happiest of first birthdays!!

5 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

I totally know what you mean! It's storming here in Manitoba as well! I'm SO sick of the snow! I want Spring and Summer!

On a photography note, I love the snow in the picture! You captured it perfectly!!! Great shot!

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

beautiful! what a great abstact!

Jenn M said...

It looks like winter wonderland :)

I hope you don't get too burried

vivi's mom said...

Great job capturing the falling snow. Very magical looking!

Theresa T said...

Yucky weather but this is a beautiful and unique shot!