Saturday, March 8, 2008

INSIDE plants :)

So many of you lucky women are posting photos of flowers, etc., blooming outside. You truly don't want to know what it looks like outside in Ottawa (35 cm down.....25 cm more to come by morning!) so I thought some photos of my inside plants was appropriate.

I think the only reason I keep the plant in this first photo alive is because I love the dragonfly ornament that resides in it!

It's impossible to tell that this next plant is an arum fern; in my opinion it's the best kind of fern because it doesn't shed like its more common cousins. It's in desperate need of transplant to a substantially bigger pot, yet in the last several weeks a number of beautiful light green shoots have sprung up. It always throws fun shadows on the wall, depending on where the sun (or in tonight's case, the lamp) is shining outside :)

4 comments:

Theresa T said...

I have similar plant stakes too. I love the fern shot. The black and white looks great-the shadows look very neat on the wall.

Alycia Hildebrand said...

I love the plant stake! Very Cute!

Callista said...

I love that dragonfly! I can't believe the snow there, my mom was telling me about the snow fall warning. That is crazzyyyyyy! I would not be leaving my bed ha!

vivi's mom said...

Inside is definitely the way to go today! Love the shadows! Very cool :)