Monday, November 26, 2007

Trees of.....Sens??

Today was a tough day in terms of photography. Brannon and I headed downtown after dinner tonight to make our third annual visit to the Chateau Laurier to take a look at the 'Trees of Hope', a fundraiser for Ottawa's children's hospital, in which local businesses decorate Christmas trees that are left on display for the holiday season. Visitors can walk around and check them all out, vote for a favourite, and make a donation. This is where Brannon proposed so as long as we're living in Ottawa we'll be visiting every year.... Anyway, I decided to bring along my camera to take some pics of the trees but found it to be really difficult. The flash washed everything out, yet not using it resulted in rather hazy and dark photos. Regardless, they are my entries for today. I wish I could remember the names of the companies that decorated each but, alas, I can't!



Merry Christmas Alfie...

...and to you too Mikey!



The Chateau from street level.

4 comments:

Theresa T said...

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone has ideas on how to get around this? With Christmas coming up, I'm sure we're all going to encounter the same thing.

Jenn said...

Increasing the ISO???? That's my best guess right now but I'll gladly take advice!

Lorelei said...

Non-flash photography is very difficult! You have my complete sympathies. Still, I think the photographs turned out great.

I know with my Canon Rebel (I had just typed Canon, then remembered all three of my cameras are Canons@ LOL), I can set it so I can control how long the shutter stays open so I'll be setting up my tripod once I have a Christmas tree up and giving that a go!

Janny A. said...

WOOHOO!! Go Sens Christmas Tree! :) As soon as I saw the post title, I remembered your proposal story and KNEW it had to be the Trees of Hope! :) I'll really need to go this year! What's really fun is watching them build the trees! They only have 1 hour to do so, so they are really going at it. And CHEO Bear is usually there too! :)