Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunny Sunday

We had a really late night last night and, therefore, got up late this morning (seriously, it was almost noon). We had a great breakfast with Kevin and Tracy then headed to Smiths Falls to celebrate American Thanksgiving with Brannon's family (for anyone following my blog who doesn't know, Brannon is my hubby; and our sister-in-law is American). Usually Brannon's a get-from-point-A-to-point-B-as-quickly-as-possible kinda guy and doesn't really enjoy when I ask him to pull the car off the road to take some pictures but today he was a good sport.Most of these I took while we were in transit but he did stop to let me take some photos of the house with the caved-in roof. Enjoy!

Snowy cattails


We saw this deer hangin' out right across the road from Kevin and Tracy's; I couldn't get close enough to get a better photo but she's beautiful all-the-same.


I was informed that there was an old log home at Fallowfield Rd. and Dwyer Hill Rd. whose roof had collapsed; sure enough we found it. I would have loved to have gotten a little closer but the area was entirely fenced in. Maybe another day when I'm feeling a little more daring, I'll hop the fence and get a closer look!


The skies were nothing short of brilliant this afternoon.


Again, I took this one through the front windshield...


I think I was just lucky to get this one as the sun started its descent.

5 comments:

Sondra said...

Great shots :) I Love them all! The snow makes them look so peaceful.

And how cool that you seen a deer! Too cute.

Theresa T said...

So you got the "issues" with your camera fixed?

Everything turned out great but the first one really stands out to me.

Theresa T said...

Oh! hope that the Thanksgiving dinner was great too!

Lorelei said...

It looks like a fantastic day!

I love the shot of the building. I have a few shots of buildings like that out our way. It's amazing how compelling they are!

Jenn M said...

gorgeous shots!! and I hope this means your camera is fixed!! I especially love the house falling in on itself! :)