Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Volleyball: part deux

So, I found some time this afternoon to take a look at the photos I took yesterday at the volleyball tournament. I found that I was definitely "off" with the lighting; it was an extremely overcast day and many of my shots came out much darker than I had hoped they would. I used the "sport" setting for most and I'm not super-impressed; I think next time I'll manually play with the settings until I get the shots I'm hoping for.

Say hi to Charles; this made the short-list for my contest entry this week.

No effort is too much for Jeremy...

Alex the superstar!

I love this shot of Lensa; she was waiting to sub back in and was intently watching the game and didn't even know I was stalking her :)
Alex's repeat performance. He really did volley it backwards and his feet are NOT on the ground.

This is my favourite shot from the whole day. I don't know "my subject" but he's affiliated with the research institute somehow.....I'm sure someone will tell me now. I noticed his tattoo earlier in the day but was a bit too shy to ask him if I could photograph it but along came Darren to the rescue; he came right out and asked if I could take a picture of it before I could stop him. I took advantage of the opportunity :)
While I didn't actually discuss the tattoo with this guy, I like what "I think" it represents.


Another shot that I like from the day. Clearly I've played with it a bit but mostly, I like the perspective. It might be Mr. Tattoo Man but I can't be sure....

1 comment:

Jenn M said...

Great shots today!! I love the second shot and the tattoo shot the most but really they're all great :)