Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Skateboard park

In trying to come up with an idea for this week's contest, Street Photography, it occurred to me that there was a skateboard park in Kanata and I thought that might be a fun place to shoot. When I got there and saw all the kids I just about chickened out because I was worried they wouldn't tolerate someone snapping photos of them. I had my little spiel all ready (about no expectation of privacy in a public place....blah blah) but to my surprise the kids were very "cool". I decided it would be best if I asked their permission first and they said it was fine and all but ignored me after that except to point out some "fresh" graffiti that I should photograph. They went about their business - being rude, spitting, swearing...doing all the things you might expect of pre-teen boys, and of course their one 'groupie' girl, when out of their mother's earshot- but they were perfectly respectable to me so I won't complain. Here are a few shots from my "adventure is babysitting" today :)






3 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

I LOVE the 3rd one! Great shots!!!

vivi's mom said...

Jenn, thats so funny, I almost did the same thing, because there is a cool little skateboard park near my house too! I decided to go with my SIL to her soccer game instead but got home to late to sort through and pick any for the contest.

I love the 2nd and 3rd ones!

Adria said...

These are very neat! I love that all your colours are so vivid.