Sunday, July 6, 2008

Butterfly Flutter-fly

For all I know this is actually a moth....but whatever.
You get the idea.

I know most people aren't big fans of the focal B&W but I actually think it looks nice in this shot so I decided to use it. This butterfly perched itself on the ground for a few minutes, fluttering its wings....hence the title of the post. Normally I find that they don't sit still long enough to get a good shot but this one cooperated until I stepped on a twig, and it flew off.
I like this one (the same butterfly) for obvious reasons....
I haven't given you a recent update with regards to house stuff so I thought this was as good a time as any. Bailie has found her new favourite spot on our new couch...watching us all work outside on our fence in the heat.
I've also rearranged the living room furniture. I like this layout a lot better. Unfortunately, it also poses some new problems. There is too much room between the couches now to make a coffee table/ottoman useful so I think I may not get one at all (maybe some fancy tv trays for when we have company and food to serve). I will also replace that little black shelf with a sofa/console table when I find the right one, and I am desperately seeking a funky shag rug for the centre of the room, preferably a round one. Where to put my new lamps and what to put them on is also plaguing me. You fix one problem and a whole bunch more surface...the joys of home ownership.
:)

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Zoomer says that Bailie is hot, and his momma says that your living room furniture is hot :)

Apparently we're in Paris Hilton mode in our house today - that's pretty pathetic, LOL.

Candice said...

I like the new furniture arrangement and the butterfly shot is fantastic!