Saturday, July 12, 2008

Prince of Wales Bridge

I headed off this afternoon to the old Prince of Wales train bridge with Brigitte and Chris. It's been abandoned for decades and had a lot of interesting material for photographing. I took several hundred shots but am only posting a few. Brigitte and I had some good laughs at Chris's expense and if he says it's ok I'll post some pics tomorrow of his little camera mishap :)

You can't go to an abandoned location and not expect graffiti and spray paint cans!
The overgrown entrance onto the bridge.
I'm not sure if I love or hate this shot....if you look carefully you can see on the top what remains of the sign that at one time said 'Prince of Wales'.
This is my favourite from the train bridge series (we also went to another location today but I'll save those for tomorrow); the area is so peaceful and serene.

What I think is a seagull feather, stuck vertically to part of the bridge.This emulates how poor Brigitte felt for every second she was on the bridge! She was a good sport though :)

Even all of the wires on neighbouring lines have been cut.
Just as we were about to leave (before all hell broke loose....haha Chris!) we were joined by a couple of teenagers. Using my zoom meant that they never even realized I was shooting them :)
I'd also like to add that it was fun to spend a couple of hours with Kim (and Dave) and Pam this morning while waiting in line for gift certificates at Henry's - it's too bad we all waited so long (well, me not as long as them) for $10 each...haha. Hope you're enjoying your new lens Kim!

2 comments:

Jenn M said...

OOO it looks like you had a great photo adventure!! :) I love old rusty finds like that :)

vivi's mom said...

Cool bridge! Love the rust shots and it was fun hanging out at Henry's however I still think at least one of us should have got a nice fat gift card!