Saturday, July 19, 2008

Long time no see....

So, as I mentioned yesterday I was meeting up with a childhood friend from Edmonton who's in Ottawa this weekend for a wedding. She and I wrote letters to each other for years but more-or-less lost touch during our teen years and have re-connected with the help of facebook (see, some good does come from the evil facebook!). I've seen many photos of her kids, Skye and Kyryn, but had never met them until today. They are as beautiful in real life as they are in the photos and they were a lot of fun to hang out with this afternoon! My photos are weighted more heavily in favour of Kyryn because he stuck around his mom (and, therefore, me) in the pool while his big sister independently took off to do her own thing on the play structure for most of the time.
This watering can was Kyryn's obsession for most of the afternoon; he "watered" us all :)

Mother and son....
Skye and Jed get along very well :)
Poor, discarded ducky...
So photogenic!
I'm pretty sure that Geneva's dad took this shot; I spent the day taking action shots and was surprised to see this when I uploaded them because I wasn't really taking any close-ups. I wouldn't usually use someone else's photo but I think it's gorgeous and I'm quite happy to give him credit!
This may be his too...not sure....

This last one is for Skye; she found this heart drawn on the bench and was really excited by it.

3 comments:

vivi's mom said...

Great pics! Photos of children are my fav!

Candice said...

Love the series! Little kids always make the best subjects :)

Jenn M said...

I love how you captured such pure emotion on the kids faces. Great shots :)