Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Tresspassing! Oops...

So, I read about this place on the internet; it's about a 10-minute drive from where I live in a little village called Munster Hamlet which always reminds me of "The Munsters" and I have to say that today I kinda felt like I had walked into the Munster's home....it was creepy.
The description of this location on the internet states that this former public garden/nursery has been abandoned for many years and that getting access is easy since it's public. So, I parked my car on the side of the road and walked right onto the site without even thinking. I was in my own little world snapping shots and all of the sudden I looked up and was face-to-face with a family! They were looking at me like I was crazy and I was so flustered I was tongue-tied (which, if you know me, you know I'm never at a loss for words...haha). Anyway, there is what I can only describe as a shack on the property and this family lives there amidst the garbage and overgrown buildings. Once I got over my shock of having found myself on someone's property I explained what I was doing there (while trying to hide my shock and horror that someone actually lived there) and asked if I could keep taking pictures. They reluctantly said yes and went back in their home. Let's just say that I got what I wanted and bolted!
Regardless, so here are my shots for today. A formerly-abandoned garden. The overgrowth was actually beautiful and serene. The garbage....not so much :)




4 comments:

Jenn M said...

LOL that is so going to happen to me some day. I hope I can handle it as well as you did!! The pics turned out great and it sounds like they weren't too bothered :)

vivi's mom said...

Wow I agree, that is bound to happen to me one day... Although I'm hopeing to get a nice zoom so that I can admire from afar...

Nice pics though! I really like the one with the sign!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a day!!!!! Here I thought you were going to say the Munsters turned up LOL

Beautiful pics - well worth the bother :D

Katherine said...

Haha Munster Hamlet... my hubby lived there when he was 2 years old!