Monday, July 28, 2008

Identify this plant!

I'm cheating a little today because I took these photos yesterday. I did take some photos today but I have to keep them a secret for a couple of days because they are of a gift I have for someone who frequents my blog somewhat regularly. The recipient would know right away it was for them if they saw the photos.
So anyway, back to the question at hand. I'm pretty sure this is nothing more than a weed but I actually think it's quite lovely. I found several of these plants on my little walk yesterday through part of the development (where I live) that's still in its infancy. From a distance these actually look like dying/wilted flowers but upon closer inspection they look like little goldfish...or at least that's what I think they look like. The flowers are about the size of a quarter. Any guesses as to what it is?!?!

5 comments:

Jenn M said...

I have no idea but they look really cool! I've never seen anythign like them before - very cool!

Candice said...

I have no idea, but it is a pretty flower!

Sherry said...

Pretty, pretty :)

Just goes to show some weeds can rival the beauty of our chosen flowers!

(I think it's jewelweed, btw!)

Theresa T said...

If that's a weed, then I want some.

Anonymous said...

It's spotted jewel-weed or touch-me-not - it's a weed, but a really pretty one! It's called touch-me-not because it has these little seed pods that explode when you touch them!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1431/