Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's 13 degrees today!

I don't want to jinx it and say that a new season might be peeking out from behind the snow banks....but.......it was so nice out today! I didn't like my plan for our theme this week so I walked around outside at home after work this afternoon and this is what I came up with. We're under extreme flood warnings...go figure....

It's hard to tell what the first one is but it's water POURING off a neighbouring balcony; it was really dark under the balcony but the sun was shining just outside so the water is quite bright against a really dark background.

I love the colours of this hydrant (the beaming sun kinda helped too!); it was kept mostly uncovered during the winter and it was always nice to see such vibrant colours even under the mountains of snow!

Lastly, the snow is melting really fast! I hope the sewers can keep up!


Welcome Spring!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Rinaldi said...

everything about the hydrant shot is great! angle, colors!
The water pouring is also a great catch!

vivi's mom said...

Wow the first one is soo cool! And I love the hydrant shot, the colours are amazing!

Theresa T said...

I love the first one-the blur from the falling water is great.

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Great shots! Love the hydrant one! As for the weather...we here in MB have been having great weather then got dumped with about 1/2 and inch of snow today! ARG!!

Callista said...

that first shot is crazyyy and wild and I love it!