Saturday, April 19, 2008

One plant, two photos

I've had nothing to photograph lately. I have so much going on that I just haven't had the time or the energy to take pictures. Brannon and I are house-hunting; we've now seen ~2 dozen homes and we have yet to find the right one (there are lots of reasons for that). I'm also getting ready for a couple of big exams for my program; not your typical exams though, ones that make-or-break your PhD.....I'm a busy girl.
Anyway, so I took pictures of my violet 2 days in a row because I want to chronicle the growth and development of the flowers that are just now budding, which means I have a happy plant. The first one was taken at night with the flash and shows what colour the plant really is. The second one I took today with bright full sun and it looks like a different plant entirely. It's almost like the sun sucks the colour right out of it. What I do like about the second shot though is that the sun reflects quite brightly off the little hairs (??) on the leaves - anyone know what those are called?
So, that's it for today. I'm house-hunting again tomorrow....send me some good vibes! :)


3 comments:

Callista said...

Ooh I love the hairs!! Good luck with the house hunting, I'm a renter and looking for a new place, which is super frustrating so I sort of feel your pain, but I would much rather it was a buying search booo to vancouver real estate! Sending all the good vibes your way hun!

Jenn M said...

loving the colors!! They turned out awesome!!

Fingers crossed you find your dream house!!

Theresa T said...

You're right, by shooting it at different times of day and under the different lighting, it doesn't look like the same plant at all.