Friday, April 11, 2008

Riverside Park Under Water

As you might imagine, with all the snow that fell this year, we're now experiencing some flooding. These photos were taken today along Riverside Drive (Ottawa River). The river has flooded its banks and has sunken the park. In fact, it's very close to running over the road as well and it has not yet reached its peak (which will probably be tomorrow or Sunday). What's worse is that it's pouring rain so that can't be helping the situation. We might be unhappy but the waterfowl seem quite pleased :)




7 comments:

vivi's mom said...

You have got to be kidding me, that is on Riverside!!! YIKES!!! The rain is most certainly not helping!!! Nice pics btw!

Theresa T said...

Wow!

There is something that grabs me about the second one. I guess seeing the ducks swimming at the level that one would normally be sitting on the benches just emphasizes how deep it is.

Jenn M said...

I love love love the first one!! And I can't get over the flooding! That's crazy!! Hopefully it's not affecting any homes!!

katei371 said...

I love the one with the ducks and the bench. Bench pictures are always so special, there is just something about them! Love those ducks, too.

Anonymous said...

I love how the ducks just move right in. They love temporary water...especially in the early spring.

Sondra said...

Very cool! The one of the ducks with the bench in view is really nice.

Callista said...

All I have to say is WOW!