Saturday, April 12, 2008

White Water at Hog's Back

As you saw in yesterday's post, the waterways in the area are flooding. Here are some photos I just took at Hog's Back (Rideau Canal) - thanks for the tip Jen! I'd say that the water is easily 3 meters higher than it is usually!


Funneling....

Here's a photo from the same place that I took back before Christmas. The rock that you see in the middle of the photo above is what's under the snow in the next photo. The water has just about engulfed it! And if you look at the rock wall on the right you'll see how much of it is under water. It's really hard to tell, just by looking, how much more water is there but it's A LOT. I was talking to a guy who was also there taking photos and we could barely hear each other, it was so loud! And notice how calm the water looks in the last one, compared to the others. What's funny is that, even there, it's running pretty fast!

6 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Great shots! They look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You still have so much snow there.

Pam said...

I was there the other day and wished I had my camera! Great job. The water was moving so fast.

katei371 said...

Amazing pictures, I really like the second one, the motion in it is fantastic.

Jenn M said...

Wow! That's nuts!! I can't pick a fave - they look great!

Theresa T said...

The angry-ness (go ahead, correct my spelling) of the first one is great.