Monday, December 29, 2008

World Junior Hockey

As many of you know, Brannon and I have tickets to the 2009 IIHF World Junior Hockey Tournament that's currently going on here in Ottawa. Yesterday we saw Canada vs. Kazakhstan (15-0) and the USA vs. the Czech Republic (5-3 with an empty-net goal for the Americans). Our seats for the first game were up high in the 300-level but I still managed to snag a few good shots. The seats for the second game were in the 100-level but there I almost had my camera confiscated by a "floor-walker" (to quote my mom) who thought it was too fancy to be permitted. Ten thousand other people were taking photos with their P&S cameras and sending flashes off everywhere; I was respectfully snapping away sans flash and I managed to get into trouble. They thought I was a pro....isn't that a laugh and a half!!
We're going back again today...and so is my camera :)

Canada's star player, John Tavares

Canada has the best fans!
Canada scores (one of MANY)! Notice the puck in the back of the net?!?!
The Czech goalie#21 for the Americans is vanRiemsdyk; he's supposed to be their best player. Brannon asked me to get some good shots of him but this is where my camera went into hiding so I came up with very little.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! I love the Canadian Fan photo...

Sherry said...

GO CANADA!!

Great shots all 'round!!

You were sure on the ball with that net shot!!

And I agree, that fabulous shot of the Canadian Fan is what makes it all worthwhile!!



Enjoy your games!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.