Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's not Christmas without chocolate and mint!

So, this simple recipe is getting me loads of attention :)
I love love love chocolate and mint...but the combination of them both can't be beat so when I came across this recipe I had to try them out. I took them to a gathering on the weekend and they were a big hit.....also, Brannon's having a hard time keeping his mitts off them too!
Don't be naughty and I might share :)

Mint-topped Chocolate Christmas Cookies
Recipe:
Combine a package of devil's food chocolate cake mix with 2 eggs, a 1/2 cup of shortening and a Tbsp of water. Beat with hand mixer, then finish off with some elbow grease because it becomes super-thick. Roll into less-than 1" balls, coat with icing sugar, then place 2" apart on greased baking sheet (this is important because they spread!). Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with a thin mint (Haviland, Zachary, etc.). Let stand to cool.
You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Sondra said...

Ohhhh I have too little time to see this recipe Jenn! I love chocolate mint everything. Mmmmm.