Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hog's Back

Welcome to Hog's Back; another stop along the Rideau Canal. Clearly though, the boats don't traverse this part of it!
I'm so disappointed with my photos from today:
1) I knew that I was going to try to make it over here at some point and I knew I should have gone this morning before work because the sun was shining brilliantly but I was itching to get into the lab (to get the final go-ahead from my advisor on a project I've been working on) so I decided to wait until later on. Well, when I came out of the hospital this afternoon it was overcast - ick.
2) It's next-to-impossible to shoot from any interesting angles here because of the fences that completely block off any access (I know, I know; it's for my own safety!), not to mention the deep deep snow I had to trek through to get there....
On a positive note though, all this trekking around is great exercise that I wouldn't be getting otherwise. I actually went out after my little jaunt today to get some new and more appropriate clothing for this....lol....I plan to spend every spare moment I have in Banff next week outside with my camera so warm clothes are key! :) Also, my new winter boots are in so I can go and get them any time - YAY for goose down and warmth capacity to -40 degrees!
Anyway, so enough chatter and onto the photos; keep in mind these would be a lot more impressive in the summer and if there was good light!



Why hang out in the frigid water when you could fly south?!?!?

Doesn't it look cold?!?!?!

Here I was just playing around with the colour.

Lastly, this is the railing that's supposed to protect you from falling into the rapids. They're not kidding when they say that our infrastructure is crumbling!

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

brrr it looks freezing there today! great shots, i especially love the last one :)

Sondra said...

I love the last one as well. That would've freaked FH out, he's afraid of heights, so if he saw that railing, he'd be gone!

Theresa T said...

Yeah, too cold looking for my blood. But glad to hear that your new gear is in for your trip!