Sunday, December 9, 2007

Finger Lakes wine tour

I've managed to find a few minutes to put up some photos from this weekend. I took a lot of photos so choosing so few was difficult. Anyway, we had a great weekend that included a day of winery/vinyard tours and many many tastings. Y.U.M. My favourite wine was a white vignoles from the Anthony Road winery. I would highly recommend it. I wasn't such a fan of the reds from the region in general but their rieslings are wonderful! :)
Anyway, here are a few pics from the weekend. I'll be MIA for the next while so I'll see you all when I get back from Banff.

Aging

The meadery has honey in their wines and it's made on site.

We saw a lot of great skyscapes; I didn't get pics of them all though.

The science nerd in me liked this scene...the erlenmeyer flasks placed next to the wine; I swear it was like this when I found it.

Vines in the winter

Grapes on a barrel

I love the reflection of the barrels in this piece of equipment

All the halls were decked....

This home (beside the Fox Run winery) was destroyed by fire.

I just thought the name for this wine was cute; it's a good thing we had a designated driver.

4 comments:

Lorelei said...

Ohh... great pictures! I love the one of halls decked and the barrels.

Great job!

Jenn M said...

gorgeous photos! Looks like you had a great trip to the US! I especially love the first one and can't wait to see your Banff pics! :) Safe travels!

Theresa T said...

Looks like you had a good trip. I love the photo of the sky with the rays showing in the photo. All of your photos look incredible but this one stood out to me.

Carol-Ann said...

Call me a Cab
hahahha

LOVE IT!