Sunday, December 16, 2007

Banff

What can I say about Banff? It was peaceful, majestic and bright. From the moment I arrived I enjoyed myself. I had very little precious spare time as you know I was there for a conference. I feel I should mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the work-related aspect of being there as well. I learned so much, met some wonderful and highly intelligent researchers/students/financial donors/patients, and left feeling inspired about what I do (and those who know what I've been experiencing in the lab for the last several months will understand how important some inspiration actually is). I spent every free moment running around inside and out with my camera and came home with 400+ photos. Needless to say, I can't post more than a few but if you would like to see a slightly bigger sample of what I took please see my facebook link:

From a distance...

This is what I saw as soon as I walked out of the hotel driveway. Not too shabby!

A view from one of the hotel terraces.

The Bow River in the village of Banff isn't completely frozen yet.

Another spectacular view from the hotel.

I can't help myself when I see gorgeous cloud formations. Banff had so many!


The mountains as seen from under one of the hotel arches.

I took a walk down one of the trails and found some icicles forming along the Bow River.

Everything was frosty!


A replica of the Fairmont Banff Springs made entirely of cereal and candy!

This tree was easily 30 feet high!

4 comments:

Jenn M said...

gorgeous shots jenn! I've never been farther west than ontario but that inspires me to want to take a visit!

Some of those would make awesome post-cards or persuation to tourists to come visit!

Janny A. said...

I agree!! Truly want to visit out West now!!! Great shots! :)

kimberina said...

What an outstanding place! Great shots!

Theresa T said...

Those photos are absolutely stunning. I'm glad that you were able to squeeze in the time to take them.