Thursday, December 27, 2007

A day on the Tay

So, I stalked the turkies that I mentioned in my previous post but I was only able to take photos through windows from the house (the second you go outside they run/fly away) and I'm not-at-all pleased with what I have to show you so I'll merely show you one; just to show you how close to the house they venture. I SO love them :)

As I said, we are visiting Brannon's parents today in Port Elmsley where they live on the Tay River. During my turkey stalking I took some photos of the river as well. It's snowing like crazy again here today (although so much of the snow we had has since melted) so I find the photos look pretty washed out and dreary.
The hammock is still hanging from the tree by the river so I thought I'd take a few shots of that. Imagine how nice it is to lay on in the summer by the river in the back yard...



4 comments:

Theresa T said...

The close-up of the hammock netting with snow on it grabbed my eye. The tone-on-tome colours, the textures and the combination of something summery and wintery.

Sondra said...

Mmmmm, I'm imagining being on that hammock on warm summer day.

And how cool about the turkey!

Jenn M said...

there is something kind of hauntingly beautiful about the third shot that really caught my eye. Very cool about the wild turkeys !

Pam said...

I thought only we stalked the turkies!!!!!