Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wild Weather

It was so windy today a person could barely walk outside without being blown away. I heard stories of cars being moved by the wind, transports being turned over (on bridges, no less!), and of shingles flying through the air. My mother went out to pick up her newspaper this morning to find the boxes laying on the ground and the papers in a flooded ditch. I also came across some other local paper boxes hadn't been able to withstand the wind either. When my mother and I were on our way to visit my grandmother today we heard and felt a large thump on the car and we looked up through the sunroof to see a huge branch had fallen on the roof! We were glad we weren't walking.



But the worse came when I popped by Brannon's brother's house. A large pine snapped and landed on his neighbour's roof. There was extensive damage but thankfully no one was injured. We're expecting some more rain so they had to do some emergency patching.

4 comments:

Sondra said...

That's crazy!

I hope that wind isn't making it's way east.

Theresa T said...

Yeah we've had some of that crazy wind out here too. A tree blew down near my work (and I keep forgetting to grab my camera in the morning).

Jenn M said...

WOW! that's some intense wind!

Debi and/or Mollie said...

That was some crazy wind, wasn't it? You got some great pictures though.

I'm sorry about your grandfather's death.