Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ruins at Merrickville

I went for a drive to Merrickville yesterday; it's about 45 minutes from where I live in Ottawa and is also yet another stop on the Rideau Canal. These industrial ruins sit right on the edge of the canal. It's a popular spot for wedding photography actually :)
I spent some time 'googling' the area to find out some more info about the ruins and, to my surprise, there is next-to-nothing to be found on the net so I can't even tell you what time period they date back to...






As for Miss Flo, she continues to be upset and, for now, is hiding behind a wall of boxes in our laundry room. Not even treats will coax her to come out. She's been there so long now that my cats don't even realize she's still here. Cross your fingers for us that she'll come out!

3 comments:

vivi's mom said...

I love merrickville! It is SO picturesk )sp?. Beautiful pictures of the ruins!

As for Miss Flo.. It sounds like she is not willing to make the best of it! She will be fine once her parents come home.

Katherine said...

Cool shots.

Flo will have to come out eventually, when she gets hungry I'm sure she will!

Theresa T said...

These look great. That's just not something that I get to see out here.