Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Summer Sunset

Brigitte and Craig are coming over tonight; with everything that's been going on in our lives we haven't been able to get-together since before the holidays (this is odd for us!). We'll be having a dinner of munchies and probably drinking some wine too.....
The point of this story is that it's unlikely I'll find the time to post any photos today after work so I've gone through my very small collection of personal shots on my computer in the lab and I came across these. I took these photos with my P&S on June 30, 2006; just days after my parents moved into a new home on the Lower Rideau Lake. After 2 full summers of visiting my parents there and seeing such sunsets I still can't get enough of them and it makes me so sad when they "go away" at the end of August.

This makes me wish I was going on a trip down south...hope you're having a great time Pam!





4 comments:

vivi's mom said...

Love the 2nd one.

It reminds me of sitting on a rickety old bench on the edge of a cottage somewhere in the middle of nowhere watching the sun set with the one you love.
Ahhh memories!

Jenn M said...

oooo i love both of them! gorgeous colors! they remind me of home!

Theresa T said...

Absolutley stunning! I just love how setting suns reflect on water.

Carol-Ann said...

so peaceful!
love it