Saturday, September 13, 2008

In lieu of sunflowers

One of my neighbours told me about a sunflower field that she thought I might like to photograph; she told me about it ages ago but I just never found the time to drive all the way out there. I still see a lot of sunflowers in yards so I thought I'd go out this afternoon in search of this field. I definitely found it but unfortunately I was a bit late to capture them while they were alive; but to prove I did go there I took a photo of some dead ones anyway :(

Since I was driving around anyway, I stopped a few times to take pictures when something caught my eye. We had strange skies today; mostly cloudy but every now and then the sun would peek out. I liked how this field looked - dark but with a bright sky!


There was barely enough room on the side of the road to stop to photograph this spectacular red barn (the colour is spectacular, not-so-much the barn) but I did manage to get one. I LOVE buildings that are falling apart!
There were 4 horses in this group including this little guy who decided I was more interesting than eating :)

I have a soft spot for cattle so when I stopped to photograph something else (what I think I'll use as my contest shot this week) and saw this I had to shoot them too. This little baby, when lying down, looked more like the size of a cat. He's still a bit wobbly :)

4 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

LOVE the red barn shot!!

Jenn M said...

Great shots! I'm jealous of your photo-adventure. I need to convince Alex to take me on one soon....

Theresa T said...

Great shots. The one of the barn is great-the colour and it's great how you captured the rotting boards.

Pam said...

I love the horse picture.