Thursday, September 4, 2008

Holiday Monday

Ok ok so I know it's Thursday already but I've been busy and am only getting around to posting these today. I would have done it yesterday but I stayed out late with a bunch of great WB girls (we closed the joint in fact!) and just didn't have the energy to post when I returned home.
Anyway, so Monday was a lazy-day for me; well, except for all the muskrat stalking. My father (and helpers) took out the dock at the lake that morning because the water levels are starting to drop; it seems a muskrat (family?) was displaced and several of them kept popping their little heads up close to shore. My mom managed to capture a really great close-up but they weren't so cooperative for me. This is the best I could get. I do like how the water looks around him though.


Where there is gunk in the water, there are frogs to be found! I'm more than a little curious about his interesting colouring; his head blends perfectly with the muck and I have to think his legs would help camouflage him when on land(???).I haven't the first clue what this is but they're everywhere at the lake right now. I'm really beginning to appreciate the season-ality of flora....
Just a burr
Chippy here was super-cooperative; he stood up and looked right at me, posing :)
Look how long his "fingers" are!

4 comments:

Sondra said...

Love the frog! I missed one the other day, just say the splash :(

Sondra said...

*saw*
not say, oops

Candice said...

Love the frog and the squirrel shots!

Theresa T said...

The frog photo is great-love how it seems to just float on the muck.