Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bon Echo 2008

We joined our good friends, Kevin and Tracy, last night at a campsite they've rented for the week at Bon Echo Provincial Park. We did it last year as well and had such a good time then that we juggled our usual schedules to make it up for a visit again this year. The park is renowned for Maziaw Rock; last year we merely looked at it from an opposite shore but this time we actually hiked up to the top. I took quite a number of photos so I'll post a few today and I'll save some for tomorrow as well.

From the top of Mazinaw Rock...
We got there by boat and I took this from the boat.

This offers a bit of perspective as to how high these rocks are; notice the kayakers :)
From the boat, I couldn't even get far enough away to manage to capture the top of them!



I tried really hard to photograph Kevin and Tracy on our hike but they were so fast I didn't really get much.



They have the BEST dog; meet Floyd :)

4 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Gorgeous Shots Jenn!! Those cliffs are stunning!

Sondra said...

I'm in love with the puppy shot.

Jenn M said...

i've never thought to use a viewfinder machine in a pic before. It turned out very cool!

Theresa T said...

That is one big rock! It looks like a great place for camping and hiking.