Monday, May 12, 2008

New Growth

I mentioned yesterday that I'd taken a number of photos outside over the weekend. Here is the first installment. The first is new hosta; I can't tell you how much I adore this shade of green!

I loved how the sun shone on this new leaf!

For those that don't know, this is a trillium - Ontario's flower. The white variety which I'll post tomorrow is far more common than this, the red one. They are early spring bloomers and will be essentially gone in a few weeks. They aren't flowers you see everywhere but there are many at the lake where my parents live.
Tomorrow I plan to show some insect shots!!

3 comments:

M.R. said...

That leaf is unbelievable.

What a perfect shot.
The colors are exquisite.

Anonymous said...

That leaf is...WOW. That shot is so perfect.

Theresa T said...

The shot of the hosta is so...green. It looks so spring fresh.