Saturday, May 9, 2009

In my back yard

I swear none of these buds were in bloom yesterday but when I looked outside this morning this is what I saw. When the rain ceased for a bit I ran out with my camera and took a few shots of the pretty trees/bushes. I love raindrops on leaves!


This is the serviceberry/juneberry bush we got from the city of Ottawa last spring. We weren't sure it would survive the winter but it has! It turns out we have another one too, but it was done blooming by the time we moved in so we didn't realize it.
I really like how different parts of the plant are in and out of focus...


We have a lilac bush!

I'm not actually sure what this shrub is but it's part of our 'living fence'.

2 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So jealous! Love the colors Jenn. Did you see my blog on Friday - my back yard was full of SNOW :(

Sherry said...

Beautiful close-ups, Jenn!

And fabulous shots back with the phoebe's nest; you captured its intricacies perfectly!

(PS we had snow today for Mother's Day!)