Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy cactus :)

I always have trouble photographing solid red things but anyway....
My mom's (adopted) cactus is in bloom and it has magnificent flowers (for such an ugly plant!).

I like how green the stamens look in the centre :)

In other news, I recently noticed that my orchid (the one shown in my header) appeared to be sprouting some new roots. I had hoped that maybe it was a sign that she was happy and maybe thinking about blooming again. Well, over the last couple of days that so-called 'root' has started to grow straight up in the air. Methinks it might actually be a new stalk which will, in all likeliness, produce new blooms. I'm really excited because I've never been able to get an orchid to bloom again once it's done. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jenn M said...

oooooo pretty!! :)

and good luck with your orchid :) we got my mom one for easter, i hope it blooms again :S

Sherry said...

I must concede; Harry (Hairy?) is truly an ugly plant. All effort is used up creating those fabulous teacup-sized blossoms in the spring.

Good luck with your orchid! Maybe this is 'the time'!