Sunday, May 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I went home to spend the day with my mom, and she showed me this little treasure. Sadly, she had to remove this nest from inside of their boat lift. Not necessarily because they didn't want it there but it's a dangerous spot for the nest, with the boat being lifted up and down so often. I never thought to ask what kind of bird is responsible for this incredible craftiness but it's pretty impressive! It's full of grass, moss, feathers, twigs, and even has the odd thin little piece of plastic. I love how the outside is completely covered in moss, although you might think it would be more appropriate inside for 'softness'.


Here, you can see the feather incorporated into the nest.
I like how you can see how absolutely perfect the circular opening is, and how the materials are distributed!

3 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love your photos today!

Sherry said...

Ohh..if you could only see that little masterpiece in person!

It's so perfectly crafted it takes your breath away!!

Sherry said...

PS ~ it's a phoebe's nest.