Thursday, October 30, 2008

Edible Eyeballs

So, I should probably be saving these photos for tomorrow but since it's unlikely my fellow party-goers will have the time to check out my blog before tomorrow evening I thought it would be safe to post pics of the creepy treats I made for Brigitte and Craig's halloween party!
They're cherry chip cupcakes with strawberry-rhubarb jam infused into the centres...I wanted them to ooze when you bite into them....muahahahaha (think vampire laugh)! The rest is pretty self-explanatory I think. I can't take credit for the decor idea; must thank Epicurious for that! :)


And because I cannot help myself......
Those 'in the know' will know that these are Manolos and, VERY SADLY, they are not mine (the wrinkly foot is mine though). Some may recognize these as Miss Janny's wedding shoes. We attended a gathering tonight at Jenn's house and I pretty-much made Janny bring them so that I could see them for real and maybe even walk a few steps in them. I was able to get them on but they were a bit snug so I didn't actually walk in them....but this is as close to wearing Manolos as I'll ever get so I had to savour the moment :)
Thanks Janny, for salvaging my otherwise cruddy day, and thanks to Jenn for your hospitality!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They look AMAZING!! The cupcakes and the shoes... *drool*

Unknown said...

And you do realize your wearing "THE" Carrie wedding shoe!!! I didn't know those were the ones she got!!! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!! So lucky!!! :)

Janny A. said...

Man! I'm not too bad at taking pictures with a fancy camera after all (woohoo for post picture taking editing! ;) ). I am IN LOVE with those cupcakes!!!! SO cool! We had a graveyard cake last year, that was pretty darn cool actually! I will need to try these out at some point!
And you are more than welcomed about the shoes!! :) They look great on you darling! :D I'm sure some day you'll get some (some of the more 'classic' black ones aren't as expensive as mine were!) WOOHOO for Manolo's! :D

Adam M said...

These cupcakes are SOOOO cute!