Friday, August 1, 2008

Toad

I bet you weren't expecting yet another flower photo! I do apologize for the abundance of flowers I've thrown at you of late; it's not intentional, I've just seen a lot of them in the last few days.
This is a Toad Lilly (Tricyrtis hirta), my new favourite flower in the garden; I think this one even tops the dahlias I *heart* so much. It's a bit orchid-esque which is probably why I like it. It was a fun find for me at the nursery; there was only one on the bench and it wasn't in bloom but I was intrigued by it's name. I'm glad I grabbed it!

3 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

who doesn't love flower photos???

Jenn M said...

Fantastic color and a beautiful flower - how can you go wrong!?! :)

Theresa T said...

Love the tropical feel and the colour of the flower.