Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Progression

I first mentioned on May 13 that it appeared that my orchid was going to start blooming again. It's taken weeks but as of last night it had its first bloom - 6 more to come!
I've been taking photos since the buds first appeared and here is a small photo-documentary of the stages it went through. It took a long time to get started but it's progressed really quickly over the last week or so.
The last photo in the second row was taken 2 nights ago just as the first bud started to open, the first photo in the third row was taken yesterday morning and the last one was taken this afternoon when it was finally in full bloom - note the second bud starting to open :)

Don't mind the messy collage, I just threw it all together quickly. Click on it to enlarge :)
I'm quite pleased and hope she stays in bloom for a long while!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn M said...

its beautiful!! I really love the idea to do a photo progression of the blooms and the shots are fantastic!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a great idea!!!