Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bluesfest - Thurs, July 9

I brought my camera along on my first night of Bluesfest.
The first show we saw was Shiloh; she's a bit of an Avril wannabe (in my humble opinion) but she has a strong voice and really played to the crowd.


Sista Monica - your typical southern female blues singer. She can really sing!
Emily Haines of Metric, they're my favourite band right now and I LOVED this show. I hope they'll be back in Ottawa (or somewhere nearby) again soon so I can see more!

This was as close to Ben Harper and the Relentless 7 as I could get (so ya, not close at all - haha). They were good, but not as good as I was expecting.
I didn't bring my camera with me last night but I saw The Stills, Okkervil River, Sam Roberts (who was much better than I had anticipated, I'm not much of a fan normally), and Jackson Browne. I found JB to be a bit too 'adult contemporary' for my liking but Brannon thoroughly enjoyed it, dancing the whole time (to my dismay - hehe). We were right next to the stage so that was pretty great.

1 comment:

Jenn M said...

OOOO It looks like you're having an amazing time! :) I love the first shot too - nice and crisp