Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day Custard Cake

Ok, so it's really just a pie but I was trying to keep with the 'C' theme :)

Today I tried out a new recipe for a strawberry (red) custard (white) pie in celebration of Canada Day. The plan was to share with our neighbours but we didn't end up seeing them (too bad for them) so there's that much more for us. With all new recipes I test out on Brannon I always watch for a reaction but today I didn't even need my eyes - he made sounds I've never heard him make before (heads out of the gutter people!!) so I knew it was a hit!
We're both looking forward to 'seconds' later on!

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!



And for the record, I made it all from scratch, even the crust!
Here's a link to the recipe.

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

Happy Canada Day! It looks amazingly delicious! :)

Sandra :) said...

It *does* look delicious ... care to share a link?

Sherry said...

I bet it tastes even better than it looks, and it looks absolutely magnificent!!