Sunday, June 7, 2009

Doors Open Ottawa - C.D. Howe Building

C.P. and I took advantage of Doors Open Ottawa today. Our first stop was at the C.D. Howe Building on Sparks Street. It's a government building that houses a number of departments, including the Auditor General and the Canadian Space Agency. It's known for having a green roof so we decided to check it out. Sadly, the majority of the "green" was behind bars...which just seems wrong...but was pretty all the same.


The people who work in the building have access to the green roof; what a nice place to eat lunch! The Ottawa Hospital should take notes!


One of the picturesque views from the roof :)


I'm a sucker for colourful foliage :)


Green roof! Some kind of thistle variety I think....

One last view.
The barriers at the edge of the roof are pretty high so this is the best shot I could get - I needed to be about 10 feet tall to get a better shot.

~More to come from our adventure in the next few days~

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Great shots! You did well; it rained all day here!

I like the first one's composition the best!

Jenn M said...

WOW! you got some great shots! I LOVE the foliage pic :)