Saturday, November 15, 2008

Second Sun

I'm not sure this officially called a 'second sun' but I was sitting in my living room yesterday with my friend Alex (who studies atmospheric sciences) when I noticed what looked like a bit of a rainbow in the clouds, it was yellow and red. I didn't know what it was but she said she was pretty sure it translated from German (her first language) to 'second sun' in English. I couldn't find anything about this on the internet this morning so if anyone knows anything about this, feel free to fill me in!
It's not much of a photo but I thought it was interesting anyway.

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

ooooo I've seen that before and wondered what it was!! I'd love to hear more as well :) And I love how iridescent it looks in your photo - so cool!

Sherry said...

A pretty display!

And same here, I've observed such a phenomenon before too, but have no idea as to its origin either !

And a belated Hello to Alex!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Ooohhh - very cool!