Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's not hockey....it's Tracy and Chris!

Tracy and Chris came over last night for our NYE gathering; they're getting married in a few days in the Dominican Republic and need a photo for their sand frame so I took a few. This one is my favourite. I assume it's safe to post it since none of my blog followers will be at the wedding so I'm not giving anything away :)


Ok, so there had to be a little hockey in my post....Canada played the USA last night in a real nail-biter. We prevailed though, 7-4. Here are the guys who came over early to watch the game.

We had a slight champagne mishap! I told my dad that we were going to buy a bunch of bubbly for our party and he gave us whatever he had in his collection so we wouldn't have to buy it. None of us knows anything about champagne but we now know that it does, in fact, expire. We wound up pouring 3 bottles down the drain (don't tell Dad!) because it had no fizz and tasted a bit like sweet vinegar :(
Thank goodness I had bought some that was really good, we just didn't have enough of it for everyone. The beer-drinking boys didn't mind at all :)

3 comments:

Sandra :) said...

My BIL opened a bottle today that was, he said, about 15 - 20 years old - he didn't know either that they expire :D It tasted like apple cider vinegar! Now we've all learned something new!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry said...

At least your flutes were nice, LOL!!

Pretty obvious that your guests had a great time!

Happy New Year!