Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Canada is Golden (and I saw it first-hand)!!

I know I've already posted all of these on facebook but I happen to have a few followers who don't "do" facebook so these are for them.
According to Stran (my gold medal game date), I have the best husband ever since he gave in and let me attend the gold medal game while he watched it at home. He says that Brannon's "one-up" on me...I say he's just playing a little bit of catch-up :)

Co-captain of the Swedish "diving team", Victor Hedman.

Our goalie (Tokarski) during the warm-up.
Markstrom during the warm-up.
My favourite players - Hodgson, Tavares and Subban.
More warming up :)
There were definitely more than words exchanged here :)I was caught photographing by security and was told my camera would be taken away if I didn't stop taking photos....I stopped for the most part but snuck in a few now and then. By the end though, I didn't care and I took as many as I wanted since the whole crowd was on their feet anyway (it would be hard to spot me) and it was likely that the security jerks had forgotten about me and my 'pro' camera.

And Canada wins 5-1!!!Player of the Game for each team; I have to like Karlsson now that the game is over as he is a Sens draft pick.

Tavares and Subban have been best friends since they were kids...oh wait, they're still kids :)
Team captain enjoying the moment!
It's PK's turn - he was a fan favourite :)
Tournament MVP John Tavares
Singing their hearts out to 'Oh Canada'!!

3 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a moment!

vivi's mom said...

Go Canada!!

Oh and I have to laugh at the whole 'pro-camera' thing... DSLRs are SO popular these days, what on earth are they gonna do when more and more people want to bring them!!

Sherry said...

What wonderful memories for you!

Much of the whole NHL could take a lesson in work ethics & enthusiasm, not to mention sportsmanship & love of the game for the sake of the game from these kids, the future of hockey!

Great shots, you pro, you! Enjoyed looking at every single one!!